CA Dalip Kumar Kaul
CA Dalip Kumar Kaul is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). He is B.Com (Hons) and L.LB. from the University of Delhi,India. He also has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance), having specialization in Merchant Banking, Risk Management, Treasury, International Finance.
Mr Kaul is a Senior Partner of a Chartered Accountant Firm in India. He has an experience of over 35 years of successfully advising corporate and non-corporate clients under various laws. His expertise is rendering services relating to business strategy, merger & acquisition, integrated risk management, regulatory, advisory and assurance services to listed and unlisted corporates including MNC’s like Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Infrastructure, Pharmaceuticals, Trading, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Education, Media, Information Technology, Construction, Poultry, Agriculture, Power. He has also helped in transformation of financial systems, restructuring plans for Corporate’s and represented clients before Income Tax Appellate Tribunals.
In the Banking sector, he possesses experience of being the auditor of many of the largest nationalized and private sector banks in India. He has also been on the Board of Directors of The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Limited (State owned Government Company) as Non-Executive Independent Professional Director (August 2014 – June 2016). He was also the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board (ACB) and Member of various committee’s of the board namely; Management Committee of Board (MCB) , Integrated Risk Management Committee (IRMC) , Nomination & Remuneration Committee , Customer Service/Grievance Committee, Legal Committee and Information Technology and Strategy Committee of The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Limited.
His Board Level experience at The Jammu & Kashmir Bank included
· Monitoring of critical areas like Internal Control, Risk Mitigation Corporate Governance and Non Performing Asset (NPA) monitoring .
· Implementation and Strengthening of CISA , CERSAI and Concurrent Audit
· Compliances as per RBI (Regulator in India) /SEBI Guidelines
· Compliance of Long Form Audit Report of Statutory Central Auditors
· Interaction with Statutory Central Auditors and discussions on Annual financial Inspection (AFI) with RBI , follow up of AFI of Reserve Bank of India
· Faster redressal of pending legal cases,
· Directions for implementation of steps in the bank for timely sharing of information with Ministry of Finance and Ministry of External Affairs regarding impounding of passports of defaulting borrowers , initiation for timely sharing of information with SEBI/Stock Exchanges in case of defaulting corporate’s,
· Automation of all the electronic services being provided by the bank, awareness Campaigns to educate the customers and online banking facility portfolio.
He started his career with M/s Jhalani Brothers Private Limited(Group Company of Gedore Tools India Ltd.) , New Delhi as Chief – Finance & Accounts
He has been a Member of Executive Committee of J&K Branch of NIRC of ICAI and was its Chairman for the year 2013-14. He is also a Peer Reviewer on the Panel of Peer reviewers maintained by Peer Review Board of the ICAI. He was a Special Invitee Member-Committee on Banking, Insurance & Pension of ICAI.
He is the Chairman (Non-Executive) , Board of Directors/Board of Supervisors of Islamic Bank of Afghanistan (Previously known as Bakhtar Bank) since October 2015.